Black Deer offers Stage Slot to AMA UK Members
We’re so proud to have the full support of The Americana Music Association UK behind us. And so as a thanks to them, and as a nod to our shared passion for nurturing and supporting UK Americana artists – we’re inviting members of AMA-UK to apply to play at this year’s Black Deer festival.
For us, the music of Americana is the gateway into the passionate cultures and communities that fuel the authentic way of life we love.
And so the artist who best captures everything this special way of life represents (as voted for by our three female heads – Co-founders Gill Tee & Debs Shilling, and booker Bev Burton, as well as Stevie Freeman CEO of AMA-UK), will be given a platform to show the world just what they can do, with a once in a lifetime 45 minute set at Hayley’s Bar on Sunday 24th June.
With an incredible schedule of artists for our debut festival, this is an amazing opportunity to be a big part of and celebrate the lifestyle of all things Americana.
You can apply over at the UKAMA’s, here.
See you in the Deer Park…
• Submissions can only be received from current AMA-UK members.
• Applications for entry begin at 00:01hrs on the 24th April and all submissions need to be received by the closing date of 6th May 2018 at 23.29hrs.
• A shortlist of all received submissions will be selected by the AMA-UK, with the final decision being made by Black Deer Festival.
• Competition is for all UK singer songwriters and musicians who channel the spirit of Americana and traditional country including roots, folk, blues, bluegrass, rock to alt-country.
• You will be contacted by both the AMA-UK and Black Deer if you are successful, and you will need to be available to play at the Black Deer Festival on Sunday 24th June 2018.
• This will be communicated and promoted through the AMA UK & Black Deer Festival websites and newsletters. The finalist will be expected to provide relevant background information, promotional images and video (where necessary), to assist in the communication and promotion of this competition and event.
• The AMA-UK’s full terms, conditions and rules will apply to this competition, and please refer to the AMA-UK website for details.