1. These NFC Terms and Conditions will be applied to Black Deer Festival, at Eridge Park, Kent during June 2022 (hereafter known as “The Event”). Black Deer Live Ltd (hereafter known as “we”) is the owner of Black Deer Festival, a registered company in England and Wales (10860054) whose registered office is at Sundial House, High Street, Horsell, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4SU.
2. Black Deer Festival will be a Cashless Event.
3. You will only be able to pay for goods and services at the Event site using a tag embedded with an NFC chip attached to your Wristband (and not using cash).
4. You will also need the Wristband to access the Event and areas within the Event.
5. By purchasing a ticket to the Event you accept the Event operates as a cashless Event using wristbands embedded with an NFC chip.
6.Your Wristband will be operated by Black Deer Live Ltd (“Black Deer Festival”) via a platform provided by Playpass/Weezevent (“Playpass/Weezevent”), having its registered offices at Rijnkaii 37, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium and trade registration number: 0501.728.738, and will be issued to you on entry into the Event when you present a valid Ticket.
7. If we grant you access to the Event without a Ticket, we will issue you with a Wristband.
1.In order to use your Wristband to purchase goods or services at the Event you must credit your Wristband with funds. You can credit your Wristband (which may hold a maximum balance of £500 at any time) using any of the following methods:
(i) online using a credit or debit card via the cashless page of the Black Deer website either before or during the Event once you have created an online account (see paragraph 6 below), which will enable you to either: (a) make one off payment(s); or (b) make use of the so-called “auto top-up” function so that we can automatically credit your online account with a predetermined amount of £20 (as selected by you) when you run out of funds on your Wristband. This is triggered if your balance dips below £10. The top-up amount is set at £20 but can be turned on or off by the user.
(ii) at the top up booths at the Event using cash, debit card or credit card (minimum credit of £1). Please note, that we will have multiple cash machines/ATM’s at the Event, to assist this process, should you wish to only use cash at our top-up booths.
2.The only way to use cash (notes and coins) to add credit to your Wristband is by using the top up booths at the Event. One or more top up booths may be “card only”, not accepting cash payments, which will be clearly marked as such.
3. By creating an online account you will be able to register your Ticket/Wristband to your account and, amongst other things: (i) credit your Wristband before and during the Event without visiting the top up booths at the Event; (ii) receive an automatic refund of any unused credit on your Wristband after the Event; and/or (iii) enable us to blacklist your Wristband if it is lost or stolen to prevent loss of funds.
4. Unless you create an online account and register your wristband, we will not be able to automatically refund any unused credit (see 3.(ii) and 14, 15 and 16 below) and we will not be able to blacklist your Wristband if lost or stolen, as in accordance with paragraph 6 below.
5. To create an online account you must visit the Black Deer Website before the Event (in which case you will need to provide your name, your e-mail address and your Ticket number. It is here you will also be able to create a family account to enable you to load funds on to other family members’ wristbands.
6. You may ask for your online account to be de-activated.
Please email email@example.com with your request for de-activation. Playpass/Weezevent will use its discretion when considering your request and only delete your account if there is no unused credit on your Wristband and you have not linked your online account to a Ticket or Wristband.
7. You must keep your Wristband on your wrist or (where not possible) such other secure location on your person at all times during the Event.
8. You will need to swipe your Wristband at access points and/or show your Wristband to the relevant Event personnel in order to access certain areas of the Event and to exit and enter the Event. Access to such areas and the Event will be subject to the terms and conditions of your Ticket and such other terms as are applicable to that area and/or the Event.
9. You can purchase goods and/or services from vendors at the Event by touching your Wristband on a Wristband reader located at the point of purchase, provided that you have enough credit on your Wristband to pay for the entire transaction or have elected to make use of the auto top up function. You may not use the credit on your Wristband for any other purpose. The available balance on your Wristband will be reduced by the full amount of each transaction.
10. Once you have authorised a payment using your Wristband, neither we nor Playpass/Weezevent can change or cancel it or provide you with a refund. Refunds for goods or services purchased from an Event vendor may be processed by that vendor but will be subject to the terms of your agreement with that vendor.
11. Neither we, nor Playpass/Weezevent are party to any contract between you and a vendor at the Event and neither we nor Playpass/Weezevent shall be liable for, or in connection with, any goods or services provided or not provided by any such vendor.
12. The credit in your Wristband may only be used by you (as the registered account holder). You may not use any Wristband other than the Wristband associated with your Ticket number.
13. Your Wristband is not a credit card, debit card, charge card, or cheque guarantee card and the balance on your Wristband will not earn interest.
14. You may obtain a refund of any credit remaining on your Wristband (excluding any free credits relating to auto top up or given by authorised person) via the online refund portal (pre-registration required for automatic refunds as detailed in section 15 below).
15. If you have registered on/by 17:00hrs on the 24th June 2022, your refund will be automatically returned to you on the 28th June 2022. All refunds must be registered by the 3rd July 2022 to ensure the balance remaining on your wristband is fully refunded – any funds not requested to be returned by the 3rd July 2022 and remain on the wristband will become the property of the Event.
16. Neither we nor Playpass/Weezevent accept any liability for any loss or damage which is caused to you or any third party as a result of a Wristband which is lost or stolen or used without permission.
17. If your Ticket is replaced for any reason before you receive a Wristband linked to that Ticket, any credit on that Ticket will not be transferred to the replacement Ticket and you will only be able to claim a refund of that credit after the Event. Such refund will be paid in accordance with paragraphs 14 – 19.
18. You should treat your Wristband as if it were cash in your wallet. If you lose your Wristband then any credit which is stored on your Wristband account may be lost, as if you had lost your wallet.
19. You shall at all times remain responsible for the use of your Wristband and the activity on your online account, whether or not the activity was authorised by you.
20. You may not tamper with your Wristband. If we or Playpass/Weezevent reasonably believe you have tampered with your Wristband, we reserve the right to disable your Wristband and/or reject you from the Event.
21. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
22. We have the right to disable any Wristband, user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
23. You must immediately notify a member of staff at one of the service information points at the Event if your Wristband is lost, stolen, damaged or if you know or suspect that anyone has used the credit on your Wristband or knows your user identification code or password and provide your account username (if you have created an online account) and any other information reasonably required to verify your identity or deactivate, suspend, or cancel your Wristband.
24. If, in our reasonable opinion, a Wristband is damaged (other than through tampering), lost, stolen or destroyed, a replacement tag shall be issued as soon as reasonably practicable. Any replacement tag will be deemed to be a Wristband for the purposes of these Terms & Conditions.
25. If you have registered your Wristband to your online account, we will attempt to blacklist your Wristband and you may be able to claim a refund of credit remaining on your Wristband after the Event. Such refunds will be paid in accordance with paragraphs 14 – 19. If you have not registered your Wristband online, neither we nor Playpass/Weezevent will be able to blacklist your Wristband.
26. Unless you return your original Wristband in working order to us when you request a replacement Wristband, the replacement Wristband will not be linked to your existing online account and you must provide a new email address to create an online account and register such replacement Wristband to that account.
27. Any personal data which you provide to us from time to time in connection with your Wristband may be used by us and our partners, including, without limitation, Playpass/Weezevent and/or our payment service provider: (i) to administer your Wristband account, process transactions, provide you with the assistance and services you request; (ii) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and (iii) to notify you about changes to our service, Website and/or the Event.
28. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is complete, accurate and that it remains up to date.
30. Without prejudice to any of our other rights, we may (without giving you prior notice) terminate our agreement with you, cancel or suspend your Wristband or online account, or refuse a transaction, if we or Playpass/Weezevent has reason to believe that the Wristband or online account is being used fraudulently, illegally, or in breach of these Conditions. In these circumstances we may refund any unused credit on your Wristband account at our discretion, provided that we act reasonably. Any refund, if given, will be processed in accordance with paragraphs 14 – 19.
When used in these Terms & Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions, together with any amendments or updates to the same issued by or on our behalf from time to time;
“Event” means the Black Deer Festival, 17th, 18th, 19th June 2022;
“Ticket” means any ticket (whether a hard copy ticket or an e-ticket) evidencing a personal revocable licence from us for an individual to attend the Event and the Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon and also to camp at the Venue;
“Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred;
“Ticket Purchaser” means the individual who has purchased a Ticket or Tickets through the Event’s official ticket programme;
“us” or “we” means Black Deer Live Limited (company number 10860054);
“Venue” means the entire premises where the Event is scheduled to take place at Eridge Park, Kent, UK, TN3 9HS including all adjacent and surrounding areas used or controlled by us in connection with the staging of the Event, including without limitation any car park and camping sites;
“Website” means www.blackdeerfestival.com
“Wristband” means any valid wristband given to a Ticket Holder in exchange for their Ticket at the Event.
Should you have any further questions or queries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org