Black Deer is a cashless festival. It makes your whole festival experience so much easier and even more enjoyable.
Below you will find our ‘7 Quick Answers Guide’ followed by FAQ’s, and then below these you’ll discover some of the benefits of a Cashless festival.
7 Quick Answers Guide:
1. You can place money on your wristband before the festival, by creating your own personal registered cashless account online (which we would recommend), or during the festival at our designated top-up stations using your credit/debit cards – some of our top up stations also allow you to use cash to top-up, and ATM’s are available within the festival arena.
2. Any money remaining on your wristband will be refunded automatically if you have setup an online account. If you do not wish to register an account, you will still be able to reclaim 100% of your unspent balance by visiting this website and logging your details before the deadline date.
3. All our bars, food and drink stalls, merchants, artisans and other services within the festival arena and campsites will only be using our cashless system, and will not accept cash as payment.
4. If attending as a family group or couple, you can manage all your wristbands from just one personal registered online account, once you have registered your own, and your family’s tickets.
5. A full account history of your wristbands transactions at the festival is available to view at any time, on your registered cashless online account.
6. If your wristband is lost or stolen, and you have registered for your online cashless account, we can block the lost or stolen wristband, and transfer all of your unspent money onto a new wristband for you. If you have not registered, then we are unable to either block the lost wristband or transfer the money that may have been on it. Please ensure you register your tickets on the cashless online account and keep your wristbands safe.
7. At any of the Black Deer festivals bars, food and drink stalls, merchants, and other services within the festival arena and campsites, you are able to check the remaining balance on your wristband, both before and after each transaction. You can also check your balance on your phone by logging-in to your cashless account (if you have one).
General FAQ’s:What are Cashless RFID Wristbands?
Cashless is a payment system that makes transactions inside the festival faster, safer and easier. You will have a wristband where you can place the amount of money that you plan to spend at Black Deer, and then use it at any bar, food vendor, shop or service provider inside the festival arena and campsite areas. After the festival, you’ll be able to obtain a full refund of the remaining balance automatically if you have registered an online account (before or during the festival) or by using our online refund portal if you have not pre-registered.
Where do I get my wristband?
You’ll receive your wristband when you scan your ticket at the entrance of the festival.
How do I put money into my wristband?
You can add money to your wristband online before and during the festival or at any top-up points inside the festival area.
We would recommend that you register your own personal cashless account online, login and top-up your wristband before attending the festival. Keep in mind that you’ll need your ticket number in order to register and start topping up your wristband. Please set up your account (here).
Top-ups through your registered cashless online account can either be made manually or (if you have enabled it in your cashless account) automatically (if your balance falls to zero).
If you do not wish to top-up using your phone, you can also add credit to your wristband by visiting one of our designated top-up booths within the festival area. Our designated Top-Up Booths at the festival allow you to add money to your wristbands by using credit or debit cards. These booths also allow you to use cash to add money to your wristbands, if you prefer not to use debit/credit cards. We have also provided in the festival arena, ATM’s to assist this choice. Top-Up Stations are situated at all of the Black Deer festival bars, which will allow you to top-up using credit/debit cards only.
What are the different options for online top-up?
The homepage of your personal account will show you all the top-up options, which can include different top up amounts or specific products. When you choose a top up amount, you can also decide if you want it to be a one-time manual top-up or an automatic one.
Manual top-ups are a one-time payment that add money to your wristband with the selected amount. If you run out of credit in the festival, you’ll have to top-up again online or at top-up booth.
Automatic top-ups are renewed each time your balance goes below zero and will be set at £20. This feature can be turned on or off whenever you like in your cashless account.
How can I add money to my wristband online?
Adding money to your wristband online is possible before and during the festival. Register with your email and ticket number, here. If you are already inside the festival and you don’t have a ticket number, you can still register using the unique code that you can find on the back of your wristband.
Once you’ve registered, from the homepage of your personal cashless account you’ll be able to select the top-up option that you prefer, add it to the basket and pay with your credit card. The top-up options may include different top-up amounts and/or specific products.
What are the different options for online top-up?
The homepage of your personal account will show you all the top-up options. When you choose a recharge pack, you can also decide if you want it to be a one-time manual top-up or an automatic one. Manual top-ups are a one-time payment that charge your wristband with the selected amount: if you run out of credit in the festival, you’ll have to top-up again online or onsite. Automatic top-ups instead are automatically renewed each time your balance goes below zero. Top up is set at £20.
I registered online but didn't receive the confirmation email, what can I do?
If you don’t receive the confirmation email, check in your SPAM folder as it may have ended up there. If it’s not there either and doesn’t arrive even after several minutes, send an email to our cashless customer service team – firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you asap.
Can I top-up multiple wristbands with the same account?
Yes, if you are attending Black Deer as a family group (or just a couple), you can now conveniently manage the cashless credit for everyone in one place, meaning that you don’t need to register a separate personal cashless account for each person. To do this, simply register or log-in to your own account and follow the instructions to connect the other people’s tickets to your account. Do this in the same way that you linked your own ticket, i.e. by entering their unique ticket barcode number. Now you will be able to select which person gets credited whenever you make a new online top-up. You can also keep track of what each individual spends, in the transaction history. If they run out of funds during the festival, they can still top themselves up by visiting the designated top-up stations.
How much money should I put on to my wristband?
We suggest that you put enough money on your wristband for your entire visit to Black Deer, as this will allow you to save time in queues and avoid having to go back to one of the top-up points again, if you run out of credit on your wristband. As you will be able to get a 100% refund of any unspent funds, there is no risk of losing money you do not end up spending.
Does my wristband have a limit or expiry date?
Your wristband will be valid for the entire duration of Black Deer 2021 festival, and you can use it as many times as you wish. For security reasons, the maximum amount accepted on the wristband at a time is £1500.
What can I buy with my wristband?
Inside the festival, your wristband is the only accepted payment method. Our bars, food and drink stalls, merchants, artisans and other services within the festival arena and campsites, will only be using our cashless system, and will not accept cash as payment.
What happen if I don't have enough credit on my wristband?
If the balance on your wristband is too low, you won’t be able to pay. The operator will ask you to top-up at any of the top-up booths and will indicate the one closest to you. We have top-up booths within the festival, and there are additional top-up stations at the principal bars within the festival area.
To avoid queues, you can top-up online too, and if you have already selected an automatic top-up online through your registered cashless personal account, you’ll never need to top-up during the festival, as your balance will update automatically.
How do I obtain a refund of my unspent wristband balance?
Any money remaining on your wristband will be refunded automatically if you have setup an online account. If you do not wish to register an account, you will still be able to reclaim 100% of your unspent balance by visiting this website and logging your details before the deadline date.
Can I use my unspent wristband balance on anything else after the festival?
You can donate all/part thereof to the Black Deer Festival nominated charities.
Is my cashless wristband safe?
Yes. Your wristband is protected by a highly secure encryption that makes impossible to copy or steal the money and all the information stored on it.
Is my wristband water resistant?
Yes, sun and rain are not a problem for your wristband/card.
What happens if I have concerns or doubts about my wristband balance?
At any of the Black Deer festivals bars, food and drink stalls, merchants, artisans and other services within the festival arena and campsites, you are able to check the remaining balance on your wristband, both before and after each transaction. If you have doubts about any past transaction, you can go to the dedicated Cashless InfoPoint in the festival and ask for your transaction history. You can also review and keep an eye on all your transactions you have made, by reviewing your personal registered cashless online account. Please Note: sometimes due to connectivity issues of the devices used in the festival, there might be a delay in updating the transaction history that you see online or at the Cashless InfoPoint. In this case, please wait until the end of the day to get your confirmed transaction history.
What happens if I lose my wristband, and I have registered and have an online cashless account?
If your wristband is lost or stolen, and you have registered your online cashless account, we can block the lost or stolen wristband and recover your unspent funds for you, which will either be transferred to your new wristband or refunded after the event.
What happens if I lose my wristband, and I have not registered an online cashless account?
Losing your wristband is like losing your wallet and your ticket, so keep it safe. If you do lose it or it gets stolen, you can go to the Cashless InfoPoint and ask for a new one. You’ll be asked to show your ticket and given a new wristband, but your new wristband won’t have any of the money you had on your previous wristband – we will be unable to block the lost/stolen wristband and likewise unable to transfer any of the unspent money that may have been on it.
How is my refund balance calculated?
The refund system will automatically calculate the correct refundable balance, excluding any free offers, incentives or gifts that may have been applied during the festival.
If I have question, who do I contact?
All cashless RFID wristband queries are supported by the dedicated cashless customer service team at Playpass, via email: email@example.com
If it is a more general question about our festival, our support team can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the benefits of a cashless festival:
Whilst this may be a new concept to some, there are many benefits of a festival going cashless that can be passed onto our customers.
1. Due to the many moving parts at a live event, cashless payments is now recognised as the global best practice at festivals around the world.
2. Cashless payments make your festival experience easier, faster and safer.
3. Load your wristband from the get go (online beforehand or when you arrive at the festival), no need to keep your cash or credit card in a tent or locker – your funds are on your wristband, attached to you at all times, making it hassle-free all weekend.
4. The Auto TopUp feature means you don’t even have to go anywhere to load more funds when you need them.
5. It makes service at the bars and vendors much faster and reduces queues.
6. If you don’t spend all of the money loaded onto your wristband, you will receive an automatic refund after the event if you have registered an online account.