The Young Folk area of Black Deer has its very own stage – the Papermoon stage. It’s a stage dedicated to the young and so everything about it is geared to inspire the next generation of musicians (and to wow those slightly older in years).
This year, we’re giving young Americana or Country singer songwriters the chance to win a slot and play live on the Papermoon stage.
And now we’re all set to begin our talent search, by announcing entries to this once in a lifetime opportunity are now officially open.
As well as the Black Deer team, the judging panel will also include two very special guest judges; Jamie Freeman and Leon Tilbrook, both of whom are amazing musicians. Jamie is a close festival friend and played at the inaugural Black Deer Festival last year, and so is the perfect choice to judge and inspire with talent and experience in abundance. While Leon is a young rising star clearly following in his fathers (Glenn Tilbrook) musical footsteps. Glenn is part of the legendary Difford & Tilbrook songwriting team who penned classics for the band Squeeze. And so Leon was always going to have musical talent flowing through his veins.
Now, to the entry details…
We’re looking for talented performers within the below two age categories:
8 – 11 years of age
12 – 18 years of age
To enter, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your music or videos along with a short bio. Please also include your age in the email and attach a signed parental consent form, which can be downloaded here
If you are successful, we will contact you on or before Friday 31st May 2019 to let you know.
We can’t wait to hear from you, Good Luck!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
• Only music submitted by email to the email@example.com address will be considered an entry, not by any other submission channel.
• All submissions need to be in by midnight on Friday 17th May 2019, any submitted after this date will be excluded.
• You must be available to play at Black Deer Festival between Friday 21st and Sunday 23rd June 2019.
• Performance will be acoustic only
• Winners will be contacted by a representative of Black Deer and details of winners announced via our website and social media channels as appropriate shortly after.
• Winners will receive tickets for their immediate family to accompany them to the festival.
• It is the responsibility of winners to make their own travel arrangements to and from the festival for the agreed stage times given.
• Parental consent is required. You can download the form to sign and submit here.