We’re giving some of the UK’s freshest Americana & Country talent a chance to shine, on stage, under the bright lights of The Black Deer Festival.
In partnership with SupaJam and the Tunbridge Wells Forum, we’re on a mission to unearth the very best budding new Americana & Country acts, right here in the UK – giving them a unique platform to showcase their talent to the world…
Our search begins at 8am on Friday 16th March 2018, when we invite you to send in your two best YouTube video performances. Once all entries are in, the judges will get to work whittling down all the entries to leave just five of the very best.
These five acts will then be invited to play at the iconic Tunbridge Wells Forum. Where, based on their performance on the night, they’ll be awarded a stage slot at the Black Deer Festival 2018.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join the likes of Iron & Wine, Passenger, Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, and Ward Thomas at this year’s Black Deer Festival? Then you best have a look at the full entry details, below…
– Competition for UK based singer songwriters and musicians who channel the spirit of Americana and traditional country including roots, folk, blues, bluegrass, rock to alt-country.
– For a chance to play, email links to your two best YouTube tracks showcasing your talent along with a brief bio and any additional social media pages to firstname.lastname@example.org (you will receive full terms and conditions to verify).
– Entry begins 8.00am Friday 16th March and all submissions need to be in by midnight on Friday 13th April – lucky for some.
– You will be contacted by SupaJam / Black Deer via e-mail if you are successful and you will need to be available to play at The Black Deer Forum event on Thursday 10th May 2018 and be available to play at the festival between 22nd – 24th June 2018.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
– Only music submitted by email to the email@example.com address will be considered an entry, not by any other submission channel.
– All submissions need to be in by midnight on Friday 13th April, any submitted after this date will excluded.
– You must be available to play both dates – 10th May 2018 at the TW Forum and at the Black Deer Festival between 22nd – 24th June 2018.
– Winners will be contacted by a representative of SupaJam / Black Deer and details of winners announced via our (SupaJam / Black Deer / The Forum) websites and social media channels as appropriate shortly after.
– It is the responsibility of the winners to make their own travel arrangements to and from the festival for the agreed load in / stage times given.
– As winners of the competition you agree to provide any relevant information andimagery as required by artists for profile pieces to be shared with media / press contacts
for festival features and where possible be available on a pre-agreed set date / time for any media interviews.
– Full terms and conditions will be sent through once each entry has been received.